Wednesday, September 29, 2010

and then i spent my birthday in my suit...

Took off for Beppu.
Two hours southeast of Fukouka---- renown for its onsen. The entire town essentially sits on hot springs. I had hours and hours there, and really only made it to two out of the dozen onsen spread about.

I’d decided beforehand that it was due time to spend a birthday solo, and naked--- and now having done so, I recommend it to everyone. 

Oh, and if possible, have some birthday ramen. 

Understandably so, cameras aren’t allowed in public bathhouses, so I have no photographic evidence of this day--- only back muscles free of knots, and a mind free of stress.

 Ah, and after close inspection, I believe I located a wrinkle on my forehead.

 26 years old….
Not bad, ol’ gal, not bad at all.

Later that night, I returned to Fukuoka, where friends surprised me at the train station (birthday whiskey tucked under their jackets)—and took me out for diner.

We returned home afterwards, to rooftop drinks, more food--- and this:

A wonderful, homemade chocolate cake--- complete with an ‘E’ across the top. (Thank you Fumi!) 

Australia in ONE week folks. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment