Sunday, September 12, 2010

and now i'm eating wasabi in my underwear.

It is hot.
Mad hot. 

So hot, that despite having 17 stories to report back on, and 4 billion pictures to upload-- I can't seem to stop commenting about it.

So hot, that running along the Tama River this morning was perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever done. That said, I lost about 4 pounds doing so, and only made one child scream in terror. Okay okay: one pound, and 4 dipshit kids. 

I'm writing you this from my mid-day sanctuary. ie- the shaded living quarters of my buddy-- wherein it's a modest 87 degrees. In short, today is our 'taking it easy' day. 

My big plans include: 
a. sweating through this mild hangover.. which, in this heat (did i mention how hot it is?) is not a problem.
b. RAMEN. more RAMEN. 
c. hitting the neighborhood onsen... again...
d. laundry? although, that sounds like an awful lot of work...

Ah, a word on onsen: public bath houses, wherein the water's derived from natural hot springs--- pay maybe $4. get naked. wander about, dipping in various baths, all different temperatures. 
My favorite combo? 
seaweed filled hot tub. sauna. cold water bath.
Repeat as necessary-- while attempting to ignore old Japanese women gawking at my GIGANTIC, pasty body. 

So. What have I been up to the past couple days..

Wandering around in shock? People watching like a fucking creeper? Eating everything? Brains. Livers. Intestines. Tongue. Squid. Octopus. 

Tokyo by night. LOVE hotels! Cramped city-living + parents asleep upstairs = harder then usual to get sexy... Thus? The love hotel. Rent it by the hour, or for the whole night. Totally anonymous, no face-to-face exchange, simply select 'the room' via electronic display. Weird fetish? No problem. Need costumes? Toys? Done and done. 

 So many people.

So many lights.


Met some friends at a standing bar---- The backstory: the man in white (ie my future ex-husband) used to work for some super corporate, super famous restaurant. One day he was over it, quit the corporate chain, and opened his own hole-in-the-wall place. Food was FANTASTIC. I would upload more pics, but at the time I was apparently more interested in beers-- thus operating a camera seemed out of the question. Regardless, we spent hours here... drinking, eating, drinking some more... 




No comments:

Post a Comment